- The Useless Miracle Doctor Consort Is Spoiled Rotten by the Prince!
- Chapter 301 - Chapter 301: Report to the Authorities, Arrest Him
Chapter 301: Report to the Authorities, Arrest Him
Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio
Granny Sun made her best effort to remember and then described it to Su Yingxue with gestures and words. “That woman was in her thirties or forties, looking fierce and with a mole on her face. She was wearing purple clothes and even had jewelry on! We, the villagers, had never seen such opulence!”
When the woman gave her a silver ingot as soon as she arrived, Granny Sun was left stunned!
Later, the woman mentioned that Granny Sun’s son, Wangcai, didn’t have many days left to live. Once Granny Sun sorted out this matter, the woman would give her another gold ingot. If she passed away in the clinic, the woman would give two gold ingots to her daughter-in-law.
Granny Sun thought about her age and her son being gone, leaving no one to earn a living. Her grandson would go hungry. If she could trade her and her son’s lives for her grandson’s lifetime of security, she was more than willing!
Therefore, after discussing it with her son, they agreed to this arrangement. Little did they know…
“I’ll send people to protect your daughter-in-law and grandson, but Granny Sun, you must come with me to the Marquis’s Manor. I need you to identify the woman,” Su Yingxue stated calmly.
Granny Sun’s daughter-in-law was still somewhat frightened. “Miss Su, my mother didn’t intend to harm you. Please spare her!”
“Even if she was coerced, she still caused harm,” Su Yingxue asserted. Granny Sun’s family was undoubtedly pitiable, but when they couldn’t survive, they turned to harming her and the clinic. That was still a wrongdoing!
Granny Sun’s daughter-in-law continued to wipe her tears. Granny Sun looked at the child in her arms and comforted her, “As long as my grandson is fine, it doesn’t matter whether I live or die!”
Su Yingxue left the room and instructed Manager Qi to arrange for Granny Sun’s grandson and daughter-in-law. She then covertly had Granny Sun transported back to the Marquis’s Manor.
Manager Qi asked with concern, “Miss, why don’t we report this to the authorities? We have concrete evidence this time, and we can certainly uncover who harmed you.”
“I already know who it is,” Su Yingxue said with a sharp twist of her lips.
“Who?” Manager Qi’s eyes widened, and he watched Su Yingxue’s expression, venturing a guess, “Is it someone from the Marquis’s Manor? Are they deliberately harming Miss?”
Su Yingxue didn’t clarify but instead instructed him, “Go to the Capital Prefecture and file an official report. Describe the case clearly, stating that the culprit is within the Marquis’s Manor. Ask Lord Liang to come to the Marquis’s Manor and handle the case justly.”
“Yes. Will do it immediately.”
Su Yingxue and Manager Qi went their separate ways.
Upon her return to the Marquis’s Manor, Su Yingxue remained silent. Later that night, Zhilan came to report on the situation within the Marquis’s Manor over the past two days.
“During these last two days, Marquis didn’t visit the courtesan belle’s quarters and instead rested in Lady Liu’s Qingxin Court. Miss, is Marquis favoring Lady Liu and her daughter once again?” Zhilan furrowed her brow with worry.
Looking at the account book, Su Yingxue let out a cold laugh. “When has he not been partial?”
“During this period…” Zhilan began to say but realized that Su Dingheng had recently shown particular appreciation for Su Yingxue.
Upon further thought, it was because Su Yingxue had been managing the Marquis’s Manor efficiently and successfully, which earned her Su Dingheng’s praise. But it wasn’t from the heart.
Zhilan’s gaze turned icy, and she expressed her resentment, “Marquis has never genuinely cared for you, Miss.”
“Yes, because of my mother,” Su Yingxue replied as she closed the account book, her eyes flashing with a sharp edge.
She had only recently come to a realization.
In her previous life, her foolishness accounted for 99% of her disaster, but the remaining 1%, her father’s bias, played a significant role.
Su Dingheng was pleased when her older brother excelled, and he would praise her when she did well. However, she could tell that Su Dingheng had never truly loved the siblings..